Keeping Bloom Box Fun & Fresh

At my first week at Ironhack, my cohort and I were given a project to help Bloom Box Miami, a local flower company that creates flower arrangements in boxes, with their website. The purpose of this week was to complete a GV Design Sprint. So, by Friday we needed to have a complete high fidelity prototype ready to test!

Bloom Box’s current website feels very incomplete. It’s confusing & doesn’t leave you with a lasting impression. Bloom Box reported to us that they had several customers place items in their cart but never actually finalize their purchase. They wanted to investigate why.

Ironhack teamed me up with a group and we started to check out their website together. As we went through their website, trying to create our own Bloom Box, we found ourselves annoyed of the entire process. They allow you to customize your flower arrangement to a certain extent. We felt we kept repeating ourselves by inputting our address more than once and feeling overwhelmed with all the fill-in boxes we had to complete. By the time we had to fill out our cart info, we were over it.

We created a map to help us visualize how the customer goes from the home page to actually buying the product.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 10.04.03 AM.png

Some pain points we realized were:

  1. There are two ways to get to the product page
  2. You customize it on the product page, and when you think you are adding it to the cart, a whole other pop-up comes up to continue customizing it…confusing
  3. The checkout process was not seamless

We each individually wrote on post-its a bunch of “How might we…”. This means that we wrote “How might we…” improve this website. For example, “How might we improve the customization page?” We put them up on the wall, categorized them, and then voted on the best ones.

IMG_3252.PNG

IMG_3248 2.JPG
How Might We

Then, we created lightning demos and just started to sketch out our ideas individually. We put them up on the walls and voted on our favorite sketches.

img_3259-2.jpg

The next step was to start creating our story board with max 15 screens. We got to drawing & brainstorming, trying to begin to form the flow of the website.

IMG_3258.JPG
My teammate Taj starting to sketch out our ideas for the storyboard

 

 

IMG_3260.JPG
Our finished brainstorming version of our storyboard, ready to make our final sketch
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 10.21.36 AM.png
Myself creating our final sketches
IMG_3262.JPG
Our final storyboard

Our storyboard receive good feedback. People felt it was very complete and they were able to follow along without the need to narrate. Something that we realized while presenting our storyboard was that we had completely forgotten to put the delivery date for the flowers, something that you really can’t leave out when sending flowers to someone. So, it was interesting to see how after so  many brainstorms sessions we finally realized we were missing something huge.

We divided the team into a (1) asset collector (2) writer (3) stitcher and (4) prototyper. I was a prototyper with another girl and I was assigned to create the checkout page. We presented it internally to get feedback, fixed it up a little, and then we tested our prototype on users.

Some of our interview notes were:

  • Using the word “Delivery” versus “Shipping”
  • Didn’t notice the tracker on the checkout page at first
  • Little options for flower arrangements make it easy and simple
  • Moved through the process quickly
  • Doesn’t like the pop up calendar, it’s distracting
  • Would like a realistic box image too on the product page

Check out our prototype!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s